PLEASE NOTE THAT I'M NOT ACCEPTING REVIEW REQUESTS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

Monday, March 05, 2012

Book Review: On Haunted Ground by Lisa Rogers

Summary (taken from Goodreads):
Lisa Rogers sensed that the house she bought with her husband Wes came with a ghost. But nothing prepared them for doors slamming on their own, objects flying, and the nightly appearance of a freaky green orb in their bedroom. Their two children had opposing views on the paranormal activity. While Keshia grew attached to the grandmotherly ghost who taught her not to be afraid of thunderstorms and the Native American spirit that tucked her into bed, her brother Troy wasn't quick to believe in their unearthly guests.
This amazing true story details two decades of terrifying, funny, and heartwarming paranormal encounters--the mischievous entity that imitated the voice of each family member, the spool that "came to life" to chase the kids, the shocking events that shake Wes and Troy's skepticism--and the enduring love that keeps the family together through it all.

*ARC provided by the Publisher through Netgalley*

My Review:
I have been waiting to read this book for a very long time and when I finally got the chance I was more than excited!!
As I said before, the topic of ghosts has always fascinated me, and being a firmly believer, I read this book with pleasure. Even if I’ve never had an experience myself, my interest goes way beyond my teenage years. At that time, I thought that Ouija boards were the coolest thing, but one horror movie had the power to change my mind completely. Obviously I still believe in ghosts, but I have a more “wary” approach towards the subject.
Reading Lisa’s experience intrigued me so much, making me feel amazed and a bit scared at the same time. I loved how she narrated her story from the very beginning and she introduced me to a wide kind of different spirits. Although I’ve watched some ghost hunting shows and there are things that scare me and things that amaze me, I guess that I’m wary because nothing has ever happened to me yet and I know I would be scared even if I don’t want to be.
I loved the way they became part of the family and the everyday life. I especially adored the last part of the book, narrated by Lisa’s daughter Keshia. It felt like “a new beginning”, and the perfect set of a completely new story and experience.
If I only could, I’d talk everyone in London into reading this book when it comes out but since I can’t , I hope I’ve hooked you enough to do it. Believe me, it’s totally worth it!

Overall Rating: 

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic review Franny! I love ghost stories too, and will definitely be putting this on my TBR list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review Franny. I am so glad you liked the book.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top